Find Palmetto Community Care’s mobile testing van throughout the Lowcountry. You can find us at community festivals, partnered with other organizations and businesses, or just in your neighborhood to bring our health screening and testing capabilities right to your doorstep. Contact our Prevention Department to bring our mobile testing van to an event or neighborhood near you.
Here’s what you need to know and can expect when you come to Palmetto Community Care for a HIV test:
- Tests are free.
- Tests are confidential.
- The test itself involves a simple finger prick to take a blood sample.
- The test is analyzed at our office and results are delivered in about 20 minutes.
- We have staff members available to discuss your results and, even if the test is negative, to talk with you about prevention methods. Free condoms are available at our office.
The HIV test is quick, simple and painless and yet it may be the most important thing you do.
What are the benefits of HIV testing?
- Those who are diagnosed with HIV early are more likely to respond well to treatment and live healthily for a long time.
- Early diagnosis and treatment can reduce the likelihood of onward transmission to others.
- Those who are diagnosed later are more likely to suffer health complications and premature death.